Director of Operations
Blankinship & Foster, LLC is an independent, fee-only wealth management firm in Solana Beach that provides integrated financial planning and investment management to individuals and families. Our firm culture and core values are based on being thoughtful and caring, doing what is right, finding solutions, and a constant desire to learn, grow, and improve. We pride ourselves on being a team of authentic, dependable, dedicated, and thoughtful individuals. We are currently seeking to add another member to our top-notch team.
The Director of Operations has primary responsibilities for ensuring the smooth day-to-day operations of the firm. The ideal candidate will be charged with designing and executing processes and procedures for human resources, office administration, office technology systems, and other firm wide initiatives. This person is an effective leader and communicator, well organized, forward thinking, and demonstrates the firm’s Core Values through behavior and actions.
The Director of Operations can expect to focus in the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the firm’s day-to-day operational activities
- Serves as the lead person for operational topics
- Responsible for the human resource activities
- Responsible for the office day-to-day technology systems
- Coordinate and work with all departments to streamline business processes
- Implement and mange firm wide initiatives to successful completion
- Promotes positive team environment among team members
- Leads by example, demonstrating commitment to firm Core Values
- Contribute to a professional and energetic working environment
Requirements and Qualifications
- 4 Year college degree required
- Minimum of three years of experience in the financial service industry
- Minimum of three years of management experience
- Experienced and knowledgeable in Human Resources
- Advanced with computer systems and software (knowledge of industry software a plus)
- Advanced Microsoft Office proficiency
- Strong organizational management skills
- Possess outstanding communication skills
- Strong team building abilities
- Team player, collaborative, able to work with others
- This position must pass a post-offer background/credit check
Salary and Benefits
- Compensation will be commensurate with skills and experience
- 15 days of paid vacation plus sick time
- Paid holidays
- 401k plan
- Health insurance benefits
- This is an exempt position
Who should apply
This position provides an opportunity for an extremely talented, passionate, and experienced person to contribute in building a highly respected wealth management firm.
Please spend time researching our firm by visiting our website and reading our blog. If Blankinship & Foster and this position sounds interesting to you, please include in your letter:
- Why you are a good fit for our firm and position
- How you can contribute
- Provide examples of anything that highlights you or your work
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Blankinship & Foster, LLC at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
We will review your credentials and contact you if it warrants further discussion. You should expect multiple rounds of interviewing, with the initial discussion being a brief interview by phone.