Associate Financial Planner/Paraplanner (Virtual Position)
The Associate Financial Planner position supports the Financial Planners/Advisors so the Advisors can manage client relationships. The Associate Financial Planner provides technical financial planning assistance to the Advisors.
Blankinship & Foster, LLC is an independent, fee-only wealth management firm in Solana Beach that provides integrated financial planning and investment management to individuals and families. Our firm culture and core values are based on being thoughtful and caring, doing what is right, working together to find solutions, and constantly seeking to learn, grow, and improve. We pride ourselves on being a team of authentic, dependable, dedicated, and thoughtful individuals. We are currently seeking to add another member to our exceptional team.
- Member of Financial Planning Department
- Reports to Financial Planning Director
- Full-time professional position
Duties and Responsibilities
Client Review Packages (35% of time)
- Complete Client Review Packet packages (including Cash Flow Projections) ensuring that the packages are completed and delivered in a timely manner.
- Meet with Advisors before client meetings to review packages and agendas, preparing a final Client Meeting Packet.
- Implement changes and improvements in the process.
- Trains others in the process of preparing the Client Review Packet.
Financial Planning Modules (35% of time)
- Input data into financial planning software, including constructing and updating financial planning analyses, and identifying issues and opportunities for discussion with Advisors.
- Complete financial planning modules (Financial Independence Analysis, Risk Management, Estate Planning, Social Security, College Planning, etc.), including inputting data into financial planning software, constructing and updating financial planning analyses, preparing reports and identifying issues and opportunities for discussion with Advisors.
Support Advisors (20% of time)
- Complete and/or assist Advisors with client follow-up actions
- Delegate/coordinate non-advisory follow-up work with Client Service Associate or appropriate department or person.
Other Potential Responsibilities (10% of time)
- Participate in financial planning department planning strategy and projects, such as:
- Review financial planning software and make recommendations on best use of technology.
- Administration responsibilities for current software.
- Developing systems to improve the Financial Planning department and proving recommendations to the director.
- Annual department projects, such as: Roth Conversions, Required Minimum Distributions, client key age events (i.e. starting Social Security and Medicare), Qualified Charitable Distributions, etc.
- Research various financial planning questions.
- Stay current on planning issues.
- Certified Financial Planner designation, or currently working toward completion (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business administration or related field (Required).
- Analytical thinker and problem solver.
- Strong organizational skills, multitasking, accuracy, service-minded and meticulous adherence to details required.
- Completes responsibilities in a timely manner. Professional, personable, tactful, efficient, and self-motivated.
- Strong interpersonal skills and sense of teamwork valued.
- Strong relationship building skills with clients and other professionals.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proficient, or desire to become proficient, with Salesforce and eMoney.
- Familiarity with Orion is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Who should apply
If you are thoughtful, detailed, collaborative, friendly, easy-going, passionate about providing high quality service, and committed to contributing as a team member, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Please spend time researching our firm by visiting our website and reading our blog. If Blankinship & Foster and this position sound interesting to you, please include in your letter:
- Why you are a good fit for our firm and position
- How you can contribute
- Provide examples of anything that highlights you or your work
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
For more information about our firm, please visit our website: www.bfadvisors.com