Blankinship & Foster, LLC is an independent, fee-only wealth management firm in Solana Beach that provides integrated financial planning and investment management to individuals and families, especially physicians and retirees. Our firm culture and core values are based on being thoughtful and caring, doing what is right, finding solutions together, and constantly seeking to learn, grow, and improve. We pride ourselves on being a team of authentic, dependable, dedicated, and thoughtful individuals. We are currently seeking to add another member to our exceptional team.
The Financial Advisor is responsible for working as a team with a senior financial advisor to meet with firm clients and maintain the ongoing relationship. Their responsibilities include preparing financial plans, advising clients and working with each client’s advisory team to develop planning and strategies to meet client needs. The ideal candidate must have strong retirement, tax and estate planning knowledge and other technical skills that allows them to identify financial planning issues and develop recommendations. The candidate will work with and train other members in the financial planning department. The candidate is also expected to work with members in the investment, operational and client service departments.
Responsibilities may also include strategizing long-term goals and plans for the department, supervising associate planners and Wealth Management Residents and overseeing and participating in department and firm projects.
- Assist with and maintain client relationships
- Conduct client meetings with lead advisor
- Own and drive the financial planning process which includes designing, analyzing and presenting customized plans in a clear and understandable manner that are tailored to each client’s facts and circumstances.
- Identify issues and planning opportunities for review and discussion with clients. This includes financial goal analysis, retirement planning, estate planning, tax planning, insurance needs analysis, education planning, Social Security planning and optimization and executive compensation planning.
- Advise and strategize with clients to identify financial planning opportunities and be able to make recommendations
- Work with other professionals (estate planning attorneys, CPAs, insurance agents, and others) to expedite client action items
- Be a subject matter expert and stay current on planning issues.
- Be an important member of the financial planning department by overseeing department projects, developing long-term department goals and mentoring other planners and Wealth Management Residents.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university, with strong academic record
- Minimum five years of experience in financial planning with demonstrated record of deep planning knowledge (tax, estate planning and insurance)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with financial planning, Social Security analysis and CRM software (eMoney, Social Security Analyzer, FP Alpha and Salesforce)
- Familiarity with portfolio management software (Orion)
- Exceptional organizational skills and multitasking abilities required with adherence to accuracy and detail
- Ability to research and analyze new subjects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts in simple and understanding terms to clients
- Strong relationship building skills with clients and other professionals
- Team player mentality with ability to coach and mentor staff
- Ability to work hybrid schedule (remote and onsite in our Solana Beach, CA, office)
Salary and Benefits
- Compensation will be commensurate with skills and experience
- 15 days of paid vacation plus sick time
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Health insurance benefits
- Continuing Education and conference reimbursement
- Dues and membership fees for all approved professional organizations
- This is an exempt position
Who Should Apply
If you are thoughtful, detailed, collaborative and service-oriented with a passion about providing high quality financial planning, and committed to contributing as a team member, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please spend time researching our firm by visiting our website and reading our blog. If Blankinship & Foster and this position sound interesting to you, please include in your letter:
- Why you are a good fit for our firm and position
- How you can contribute
- Provide examples of anything that highlights you or your work
Chosen candidate will be required to successfully complete a full background/credit check at the offer stage.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Blankinship & Foster, LLC at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
For more information about our firm, please visit our website: www.bfadvisors.com
Blankinship & Foster, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer