Revised September 3, 2010
Blankinship & Foster, LLC is an independent financial planning firm and is committed to keeping the confidential information provided to our firm in the strictest confidence.
Blankinship & Foster, LLC requires that you provide current and accurate financial and personal information. We will protect the information you have provided in a manner that is safe, secure and professional. Blankinship & Foster, LLC and its employees are committed to protecting your privacy and to safeguarding that information.
Safeguarding Client Documents
We collect non-public client data in checklists, forms, in written notations, and in documentation provided to us by our clients for evaluation, registration, licensing or related consulting services. We also create internal lists of such data.
During regular business hours access to client records is monitored so that only those with approval may access the files. During hours in which the company is not in operation, the client records will be locked. Furthermore, the computers and servers in which we store personal and financial client information are kept in a secure environment.
No unauthorized individual shall obtain or seek to obtain personal and financial client information. No authorized individual shall share that information in any manner without the specific consent of a firm principal. Failure to observe Blankinship & Foster, LLC procedures regarding client and consumer privacy will result in discipline and may lead to termination.
Sharing Nonpublic Personal and Financial Information
Blankinship & Foster, LLC is committed to the protection and privacy of its clients’ and consumers’ personal and financial information. Blankinship & Foster, LLC will not share such information with any affiliated or nonaffiliated third party except:
- When necessary to complete a transaction in a client account, such as with the clearing firm or account custodians;
- When required to maintain or service a client account;
- To resolve client disputes or inquiries;
- With persons acting in a fiduciary or representative capacity on behalf of the client;
- With rating agencies, persons assessing compliance with industry standards, or to the attorneys, accountants and auditors of the firm;
- In connection with a sale or merger of Blankinship & Foster, LLC;
- To protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud, identity theft, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liability;
- To comply with federal, state or local laws, rules and other applicable legal requirements;
- In connection with a written agreement to provide investment management or advisory services when the information is released for the sole purpose of providing the products or services covered by the agreement;
- In any circumstances with the client’s instruction or consent; or
- Pursuant to any other exceptions enumerated in the California Information Privacy Act.
It is not a policy of Blankinship & Foster, LLC, to share nonpublic personal and financial information with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties except under the circumstances noted above. Since sharing under the circumstances noted above is necessary to service client accounts or is mandated by law, there are no allowances made for clients to opt out.